With fairly recent recognition that animal welfare is truly a human service endeavor, our field has begun to recognize that increased investment in strategies to engage and serve people better will get us closer to achieving our mission – bringing and keeping people and pets together.
To succeed, we need to develop both our understanding and our skills in attracting, engaging, and serving people with empathy and impact. In Tools for Transformative Communication, we’ll explore:
- How far we’ve come and how quickly the animal welfare landscape is changing
- The nature of social change, why it matters, and how it differs from social good
- How to cultivate self-awareness and how it’ll make you better at your job
- The mechanics of empathy as practiced through careful listening, open questions, and suspension of judgment
- The obstacles we face – and the baggage we carry – when it comes to serving people effectively and with compassion
- How practicing and improving our communication skills can prevent both confusion and conflict
Who Should Attend: This seminar is intended for directors, managers and frontline staff who are committed to providing excellent – and even transformative – service to the people in their community, who are interested in conducting effective outreach, and who want to sharpen their understanding and skills in the areas of communication, empathy, and self-awareness.
If any of these sound familiar, this might be the seminar for you:
- You’re constantly looking for ways to help more animals.
- You sometimes struggle to give people the benefit of the doubt but want to be better at suspending judgment and serving people with compassion.
- You’re frustrated that the same old approaches are getting the same old results and you want something more; you want change.
For more information or to register, please go to: https://emancipetnewschool.regfox.com/ttc-10-7-8-19
Note: Early Bird Pricing ($100 discount) is available through 8/12/19. Last day to register is 9/9/19.
Event Location: Pasadena